8 WEEKS HIGHLY EXPERIENTIAL COURSE.
HOW TO USE INNER RESOURCES TO BETTER RESPOND TO STRESS, PAIN OR ILLNESS
What is Mindfulness ?
It is "paying attention on purpose, in the present moment and
non-judgmentally, to the unfolding of experience, moment to
"Mindfulness is not something that you have to 'get' or acquire.
It is already within you—a deep internal resource available and patiently waiting to be released and used in the service of learning, growing, and healing."
A life-affirming course in conscious living:
• Approach your life with more composure, energy, understanding, enthusiasm, joy and contentment.
• Develop the ability to cope more effectively with both short-term and long-term stressful situations.
• Enhance your ability to manage and reduce anxiety and pain levels in many instances.
• Improve your focus and resilience.
In this program you will learn:
* How to articulate the key aspects of mindfulness as it relates to stress reduction, coping with pain and illness and enhancing well-being
• Differentiate MBSR from relaxation and other distraction techniques that may seem similar but are fundamentally and theoretically quite different in contending with difficulty and enhancing the quality of life
• Practice and apply mindfulness techniques in both personal and professional settings as a means of contending more effectively with the demands of both settings
• Integrate mindfulness into social interaction with colleagues, family and friends to facilitate more effective and mindful communication
• Articulate the potential benefits of mindfulness-based stress reduction (and mindfulness in general) to educate others about the benefits of such programs in their own lives