An Allergist is somebody who is trained to specialize in treating and diagnosing allergies. Allergies can range from being a mild discomfort to being fatal. An Allergist is trained to be able to deal with a variety of allergies including skin, food or allergies such as hayfever and asthma.
When should you see somebody about your allergies?
You should see an allergist if:
- Your allergies are causing symptoms such as chronic sinus infections, nasal congestion or difficulty breathing.
- You experience hay fever or other allergy symptoms several months out of the year.
- Over the counter drugs do not help and cause unwanted side effects.
- Your asthma or allergies are interfering with your ability to carry on day-to-day activities.
- Your asthma or allergies decrease the quality of your life
- You are experiencing warning signs of serious asthma such as:
- You sometimes have to struggle to catch your breath.
- You often wheeze or cough, especially at night or after exercise.
- You are frequently out of breathe
You have previously been diagnosed with asthma and your medication is ineffective
An allergist will usually perform as allergy test, which scans your body for possible indications of a certain allergy. This means that you may find out that what you thought was causing your problem was actually something you had no idea about. This means that you can then adjust your lifestyle accordingly. Your allergist will also tell you what you can do to prevent allergy symptoms, making your quality of life far more manageable and comfortable.
If you are looking for a qualified Allergist, please see our website.