Drugs and Alcohol
Drug and Alcohol addiction and abuse is something that has become an increasing crisis. Substance abuse is a tragic and detrimental disease that affects families and individuals worldwide.
Symptoms of Alcohol Addiction.
How do you know if you have a drinking problem? Deep down, you probably already do know. Below are a few things to consider asking yourself if you feel you may be struggling from alcohol dependency.
- You feel ashamed or guilty about your drinking habits
- Family members or friends have approached you to discuss your drinking habits.
- You feel that drinking relaxes you and makes you feel better.
- You often blackout or forget what happened during a night of drinking
- Your tolerance for alcohol increases. You find yourself having to drink more to feel the effects of the alcohol.
- You feel that you want to quit, but you don’t have it in you.
Symptoms of Drug Abuse
Drug abuse is an equally tragic path that is affecting millions, and is making its way into the younger generations. It is important to know the signs of somebody who is abusing drugs:
- Sudden weight loss or weight gain.
- A significant lack in personal hygiene and maintenance
- Constant need for money, without having anything to show for where it is being spent.
- Increased mood swings – anger, depression, paranoia and anxiety.
If you think that either you or a family member is suffering from substance abuse, please find a health professional on our website to get the assistance that you need.